Sunday 28 December 2014

My Top 5 Favourite Movies Of 2014 - 5. Edge Of Tomorrow.



My Top 5 Favourite Movies of 2014.

5. Edge Of Tomorrow. (2014)


2014 has been a busy year and I live further away from a cinema, meaning I haven’t got to watch as many films as I should and wanted too. This is a brilliant segway to a film that not many people have seen and should see. Now I got a free ticket to this film and didn’t expect much. It’s a tom cruise film that steals the plot from Groundhog Day. It is and it does, but it’s much more then that.

This is a underrated movie that takes the Groundhog Day plot of living the same day over and over again and expands it and does everything right. I hate Tom Cruise but in this film he’s a likable character. Emily Blunt is amazing in this. This was the biggest shock of 2014. I love it, it’s sci-fi and action element was perfect and it was brilliant to see the progression from day to day. This film was shunted before it’s release as being another Tom Cruise film, with a stupid name, which the studios recognised and imitating the Groundhog Day storyline. However it is much better then that. A great plot, great character, well shot and a massive surprise. I recommend this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment